Sunday 9 October 2011

What have you done with our baby?

On Friday morning my alarm went of at 6.15 am. My eyelids parted and through bleary lenses I saw that the baby's cot was empty, except for a few toys.

Panic rose in my chest. It was overwhelming.

"Bushman. Where is our baby? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH OUR BABY!!" I shouted, accusingly.

From the otherside of the duvet wall. I heard a voice say.

"Trout. Wha' wrong wid you? She sleeping at yuh mudder's house."

Seems I had totally forgotten that my children were staying with their grandparents.

The moral of this story is: I am an arse. A mad arse.

4 comments:

  1. A funny arse. I've done that before at supermarkets. I've driven off, looked at the empty child seat and thought that I've left them in the trolley ... turns out I left that at home ... with The Husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the first time Boy #1 slept through the night; I woke at 7am and was convinced he was dead... (obviously, he wasn't). Ah, those early motherhood hormones. Fxckers, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pulled up at school, the other day, about to go in collect Geekygirl from afterschool club, when my three year old son reminded me that since it was Wednesday she was actually at her friends house. Oh The shame of not knowing where my own child was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But mad arses are so adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete