Monday 4 October 2010

It's an eventful life......

Today was my son's second birthday. I have this great post that I'm going to write about his birthday party which took place on Saturday. However; it deserves due care and attention and right now I'm so tired I feel faint and nauseous. Plus I'm feeding my daughter by bottle with my left hand and typing with my right.

Since I last blogged, life has been quite eventful. I was almost knocked out by a conker yesterday, proof, if it were needed, that Autumn is definitely here. I bagged a promotion at work. I have still not given up breastfeeding (entirely).  I have finally registered my daughter's birth. I have flooded my bathroom, hosted a birthday party and mastered Japanese.

OK, so the last bit about Japanese was a lie. Nevertheless, I am aware that mostly I sound quite awesome. Except that if you saw my house and my face you would know that all of this, plus the sleep deprivation, is taking its toll.

So, because I have nothing better to offer right now. I thought you might all enjoy a lovely cake sandwich.

My partner is a chef, but even he is partial to the odd cake sandwich. I have never eaten a cake sandwich, not even when I was REALLY stoned in the nineties. However; to Bushman, a cake sandwich is a perfectly viable and valid snack. 

For those of you wanting to recreate this culinary delight, I thought you might need a picture to help you.

Here goes: The Bushman Cake Sandwich. Made with hard dough bread and Caribbean cake. Bon Appetit.



5 comments:

  1. It doesn't really look very appetizing. It looks kind of dry. Doesn't it need some icing on that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang on - your partner is a chef???? Jammy (no sandwich pun intended) is not the word...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Potty - it doesn't really work in my favour because he avoids cooking at home as I think the picture proves. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm - we do honey cake on bread here. But we add butter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the perfect dessert to have after a chip sandwich, or chip butty, my cousins favourite snack.

    ReplyDelete